Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Me trying to explain why i prefer film photography -

I never used to. I used to be really into macro and bokeh photos, and really want a DSLR camera.
A few years on and now I love film. What I'd like to be able to do with my photography is capture the atmosphere of a candid moment - that's my goal. I think that's easier to do with film, somehow.


Okay, my thoughts are jumbled, I'll just make this into a list form here on in.
Reasons why film is better than digital:
- You get more quirks and imperfections on film, that can only be imposed onto digital photos - they aren't natural on digital photos
- I just think films more ... for lack of a better word, atmospheric
- Nothing beats the anticipation of waiting for film to be developed
- Film cameras are cheaper than a DLSR. It'd be nice to own a DSLR, but I'm sixteen and unemployed. So.
- It just seems more real
- If something goes wrong with your computer or whatever - all your photos are gone forever. Whereas I have a complete draw of film I've had developed.
- When you carry around a film camera, you're more careful of what you take shots of. Which, for me at least, seems to improve my photography
- There's probably more things, but I want dinner now

ps - I actually researched this blog! - and loved reading http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/filmdig.htm :) - you might not if you aren't really into photography haha

No comments:

Post a Comment