Thursday, October 8, 2009

i will probably be forever in debt to ben folds

For this song:
Smile like you've got nothing to prove. No matter what you might do, there's always someone out there cooler than you. I know that's hard to believe, but there are people you meet, they're into something that is too big to be. Expressed through their clothes and they'll put up with all the poses you throw, and you won't even know that they're not sizing you up. They know your mum fucked you up, or maybe let you watch too much TV. But they'll still look in your eyes to find the human inside. You know there's always something in there to see. Beneath the veneer. Not everybody made the list this year. Have a beer.

Make me feel tiny if it makes you feel tall but there's always someone cooler than you. Yeah you're the shit but you won't be it for long, yeah there's always someone cooler than you.

Now that I've got the disease, in a way I'm relieved, cause I don't have to stress about it like you do. I might just get up and dance or buy some acid wash pants. When you don't care than you've got nothing to lose. And I won't hesitate, cause every moment life is slipping away. It's okay.

Make me feel tiny if it makes you feel tall but there's always someone cooler than you. Yeah you're the shit but you won't be it for long, yeah there's always someone cooler than you. Oh there's always someone cooler than.

Life is wonderful, life is beautiful, we're all children of one big universe so you don't have to be a chump.
And you know that I won't hesitate cause every moment life is slipping away. It's okay.




and for his music in general. His voice and words are beautiful and I wish I could play the piano like he does. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment